If you have recently moved to Red Lake and need help getting settled, this list has been compiled to assist you with locating the services you require upon your arrival.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
- Garbage and recycling collection in the Municipality of Red Lake is managed by Chukuni Sanitation.
- Residential and Commercial curb-side Garbage collection occurs weekly. For garbage collection schedules, click here.
- Please note: Each individual bag must contain a Bag Tag (value $2.50). Bag Tags are available for purchase (in $25 or $50 sheets) at the Municipal Office, TJ's Kwik Stop, Mitchell's Midtown, and Diane's Gas Bar.
- Residential and Commercial curb-side Recycling collection occurs bi-weekly. For recycling collection schedules, click here.
- Please note: For information about what items can be recycled curb-side, click here.
- The Municipal Waste Disposal Site is located on Highway 125 between Red Lake and Balmertown. For information regarding waste disposal, including fees, click here.
- Please note: clean wood, metal, E-waste, tires, household hazardous waste, and brush will be accepted at the Waste Disposal Site free of charge.
- For information about Dumpster Rentals, go to http://chukuniclean.com/
School and Club Registration for Children
- To register your child in one of the three Municipal Daycares, contact 807-727-2411. For more information about these child care centres, click here.
- To register your child in Public Elementary School in Red Lake, contact the Red Lake Madsen Public School at 807-727-2331 or for more information, click here.
- To register your child in Public Elementary School in Balmertown, contact the Golden Learning Centre at 807-735-2088 or for more information, click here.
- To register your child in Catholic Elementary School, contact the St. John's Catholic School at 807-727-2365 or for more information, click here.
- To register your child in French Elementary School, contact the École Catholique des Étoiles-du-Nord at 807-727-3108 or for more information, click here.
- To register your child in Secondary School, contact the Red Lake District High School at 807-727-2092 or click here.
- To register your children in sports and clubs, be sure to watch for the bi-annual "One Stop" Registration Night at the Goldcrop Curling Rink. For more information or for dates, contact the Goldcorp Recreation Centre at 807-735-8914. For a list of activities for children and youth, click here. For upcoming events and activites, view our online Events Calendar.
- Where can I buy a specialty coffee? The Water Buffalo is located at #6 Highway 105 and serves a large variety of specialty coffees and teas.
- Where can I go to see a movie? Red Lake does not have a movie theatre, however the Red Lake Regional Heritage Centre occasionally shows films.
- Is there a book store in Red Lake? Red Lake does not have a store that specializes in books, however books are available at several local relailers.
- Are there artistic opportunities for adults? Red Lake has a very active arts community. The Red Lake Arts Council facilitates a variety of art classes and other functions throughout the year. Patricia Players is a performance art group that performs once or twice each year. To view these and other activities for adults, click here.